Everyone wants to know about prices! Ok, let’s get it out of the way. Our pricing model is fairly simple (and quite affordable if we might say so). Some projects are done on a contractual basis with a specified product and a quoted price, but sometimes the projects are varied or unpredictable so we have prices to accommodate that also.
Here’s how it works:
- New web sites by page: $75/page
- Pretty much everything else: consulting, database work, computer help, image editing, etc.: $60/hr
See, that wasn’t too bad. And like we said above, some jobs are done on an estimated or negotiated basis, so feel free to discuss your project with us and we’ll let you know what we can do.
And since we actually liked school and know schools don’t have enough money to pay teachers enough anyway, we offer a 10% educational discount.
Once we have figured out what the project is going to be, the first step is a down payment to secure our services. For a fixed priced project, this is usually 1/2 the estimated price. This down payment is non-refundable after we start working on the project, but we’re pretty sure you’ll be happy with our work. We haven’t had anyone ask for their money back yet.
Don’t tell our clients this, but the real reason for this down payment is that we have found that if people have to at least pay some money up front, they are more interested in seeing the project through, and we don’t end up with a bunch of unfinished projects sitting around waiting for some interaction from the clients.
Since we don’t have a huge sales force, we offer a referral program as an incentive to refer your friends and associates. If you like our service (or if you want to spite us by referring your enemies), refer people to us and let us know you did. Once that person pays for and receives their service, we’ll generally send you 5% of the total as a Thank You!
Oh wait! That said “generally”. Yes it did. We didn’t want to bother hiring a lawyer to spell out all of the various small print, and there’s all sorts of complexities involved in dealing with people and whether they go away and we track them down to wrap up or they come back years later or whatever. So we reserve the right to pay more or possibly cut a check before the job is done (some jobs last a long time) for some amount that we think is reasonable. But be assured if you bring us business and that job finishes, you’ll be hearing from our bank.
And now for the business side. Our payment policy includes:
- If an invoice goes past the due date without other arrangements being made, a late fee will be applied.
- If a client goes over 90 days late, the project is stopped until payments are caught up to date.
- If a client repeatedly goes over 90 days late, this is shortened to 45 days before the project is stopped.
- For those clients who sub-contract ECI to other clients, this policy applies to the primary client as a whole. For example, Client A sub-contracts ECI for clients B, C and D. If client A is past the cut-off date for invoices applying to client D, all work for Client A will stop, including work on clients B, C AND D.
That being said, we like our clients, we like to finish our projects, and we're really nice people. So if something comes up, let us know and we'll work out an arrangement if we can.